Saturday, May 21, 2011

This and That


Hello friends, I'm finally returning to the land of the living.  I've been sick with some sort of upper respiratory thing for a little more than a week.  I finally bit the bullet and went to the doctor, she fixed me up with some medicine, so I should be feeling better in no time.  

The above flowers are from my Peony bush in the front yard.  I love their Victorian look and their fragrance fills the house. They make me smile. 

I re-started the "fisherman-style" afghan this week.  I frogged my previous starts on this as I hate picking up something "cold".  Let me tell you, this is a labor intense project.  It's not difficult, you just have to pay attention to what you are doing and some of the stitch patterns are a bit "cumbersome".  I have a little less than a month to complete it, so this will be my sole project until I get it complete.  I already have yarn and a pattern picked out for my next project though.......never a dull crochet moment.  :-)


Dear husband got our flag out for the summer season.  Next week is Memorial day, isn't that unbelievable?


Hope you are enjoying a pleasant weekend!

HDP