Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I've Been Planning...


 A trip...

Dear husband and I were planning on taking a vacation to New York this summer...

But, with the economy the way it is, and gasoline prices at $4.19 a gallon and rising, we decided this year wasn't the year for a 12 hour trip to the "North Country". 

We did find a satisfying compromise though...  

we decided to go to Kelleys Island.

Kelleys Island is an island in Lake Erie about 4 hours North from where we live.  I've never been there, but I'm envisioning a slow, relaxing pace, taking dear son to the beach to build a sand castle (or two), bike riding to see the glacier grooves, 
and maybe enjoying a little outdoor crochet time as the lake breeze softly moves the air.  


This will actually be the first real summer vacation my little family has been on since dear husband and I got married.  I'm looking forward to it! 

Has anyone been to Kelleys Island before?  

HDP