Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!


I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Easter today.  We've had a busy, yet nice weekend.  

Yesterday, my sister and her family came over and we had a small get together with an egg hunt for the little ones...

Unfortunately, it's been raining for days on end, and if our house was a boat, we'd have floated away several days ago (check out my poor water drenched Azalea...)


But, we didn't let the rain spoil the day and had the egg hunt indoors.  We had a pot luck luncheon and later in the afternoon we enjoyed the latest Narnia movie while the boys played with toys in our lower level.  

For dessert on Saturday, I made the cake pictured above, it's actually a lower in fat cake and 1/20th of the cake is 3 points on Weight Watchers' new plan; you can find the recipe HERE(I switched from the South Beach Diet to Weight Watcher, but I'll tell you more about that another day.) 

Today, following a very nice church service, my little family went out to lunch then to see one of the newest "G" rated movies, Rio; it was cute and I really enjoyed the music.  It's amazing what they do with animation these days. 

Now, it's time to relax, have a cup of tea and maybe get my PJ's on a little early this evening.  I'm looking forward to putting my feet up and breathing a contented sigh...

Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter.

HDP