Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dainty Mesh Vest - A New Project


I'm going to embark on a new adventure!  I'm excited, yet apprehensive too.  I'm going to make my first article of clothing!

This book, Crochet with Style, was one of my very first pattern books I ever purchased.  I think I bought it "used" from Amazon.  Most of the projects in the book have a timeless sense of style and the patterns look easy to follow (we shall see!).


The pattern, Dainty Mesh Vest (above), calls for Lustersheen, but I couldn't find that at any of my local Michael's or Joanne's.  I did however, find this Paton's Grace mercerized cotton marked down on clearance.  They had the amount I needed, all in the same dye lot, and since it's a summer type vest, I thought the cotton was a good option.


I also had to get some new crochet hooks.  The pattern uses both a "D" (3.25 mm) and an "E" (3.50 mm) size hook; neither of which I owned.  At the time of purchase, I had a 50% off coupon, so it was actually less expensive to purchase the multiple sizes than the two hooks individually.

I still have two other projects "on my hook".  I'm at the halfway point on my Vintage Horizontal Stripe, but ran out of yarn this morning.  And, I just have a small amount of yarn left on my "surprise" project I'm working on.  Luckily, I have yarn on order from Joanne's from when they were having their on-line 30% off yarn sale and Free Shipping.

On the home front, dear son came down with a fever yesterday afternoon.  We think he caught something from when his little cousins were here visiting last Monday.  He's laying on the sofa watching "Sprout" and eating a Popsicle right now.

It's raining now and cloudy, so today is a great day to start a new project.  I'll keep you posted on my progress, this should be fun!

Hope you are enjoying a relaxing Sunday too.

HDP