Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chit-Chat...

Just popping in for a little chit-chat...

The sun decided to come out today; she is shining brightly in a pretty light blue sky.  

With this in mind, I was able to get a few photos of a project I started this past Sunday...
 

It is the Vintage Vertical Stripe Afghan.  It's a super easy pattern, worked in double crochet stitches.  You can find the pattern by clicking the link.  I decided to do my stripes horizontally vs. vertically though... 


For the pattern, I chained 135 and I am using an "I" hook.  

This is the Vanna's Choice yarn I purchased this past summer.  I thought the colors went well with the "vintage" theme of the pattern.  I'm making it for my son's bedroom.  This will match the things in his room and orange just happens to be one of his favorite colors ... 

It won't be long and the left side of our backyard fence-line will be alive with color...


I have a yellow dogwood back there along with an old "red bud".  Also, last year, I planted three forsythia bushes.  In another month or so, the neighbor's yard will fade away into a beautiful spring flowering tree display...

Easy dinner tonight of grilled chicken Cesar salads...I made some Italian herb bread in the bread machine to accompany the salads.  

The bread is done.  It smells really, really good....

Enjoying some simple pleasures today...

HDP