Saturday, February 26, 2011

Serene Prayer Shawl or Wrap

I finished up the prayer shawl I was making last night, but needed to wait until daylight to get some photos...


The pattern for the shawl can be found in The Crocheted Prayer Shawl Companion.  I really liked the pattern and it worked up quickly.  


I did modify the border of the shawl, just playing around with some stitches, but I didn't write anything down...


I used a larger hook than called for which gives the stitches the more open look.  


I'm calling it Serene...

I envision the recipient wrapping it around her shoulders as she reads a book, studies her bible, or in the evening as she watches a favorite TV program...


I hope the warmth of the color will express the warmth of my feelings toward her and the shawl a hug that cannot take place due to the distance between us.  

Made with love...

HDP