Monday, February 7, 2011

Hearts...A Cake...And Flowers...

Inspired by the beautiful hearts that Sarah is making over on Sarah's Sweethearts, I started looking through some of my crochet magazines for something fun to make for Valentine's day...


I found a cute little heart garland that is made in thread.  I didn't have any pink thread and with the snow coming down, it wasn't the time to head to Michael's or Joanne's.  So I dug out some 100% cotton yarn and made this cute heart.  The pattern is in Crochet World, February 2010 issue.  I used an "f" hook to try to keep it smaller in size.  I thought I'd make several to set on the table for a festive Valentine feel...

This past weekend, dear hubby celebrated one of those mid-decade birthdays.....


We had plans to go out to dinner and see a movie, but hubby was feeling a little under the weather, so I picked up some juicy thick rib eyes, baking potatoes, and made asparagus casserole for his special dinner...it was a relaxing and enjoyable celebration. 

I thought I'd leave you with my friendly bouquet of flowers that the hubster brought me more than 10 days ago......


..and, they are still pretty.  I love daisies.  There is something so beautiful in their simplicity...

Joy in the simple beauties in life.

HDP