Saturday, January 7, 2012

Interlocking Crochet and Other Stuff


Good morning!

I want to thank you for your nice comments on my Little Boy Blue Baby Blanket.  I appreciate it very much.  

On a different note...

One of the gifts my husband got me for Christmas was the pictured book, Interlocking Crochet by Tanis Galik.  It looks like a really neat technique.  I don't think it's new, just one of those things that is new to me.  There are all sorts of really cool stitch patterns in the book.  

I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried it and if so, what you thought of it?  At quick glance, it looks like you create a filet crochet type base and then you crochet other colors and stitches into your base.  I'm wondering if the fabric that is crocheted would be stiff?  

Anyway, it looks challenging and I always love something new to challenge myself with.  

Have you tried it?  

I'd love to hear your thoughts.  


On the Shetland Tweed front, I ran out of yarn about two weeks ago.  I had to order the Vanna's Choice in Wheat on-line as I couldn't find it at any of my local "haunts".  It set me back time wise, but I received my order yesterday and can (hopefully) finish it up soon.

Hope your weekend is off to a great start.  

:-)

HDP