Saturday, January 21, 2012

Gray Skies and Ice


This is the type of winter weather we get in Southern Ohio....


gray skies and ice.  

It looks pretty on the trees, but so dangerous to drive on.  Dear son had a soccer game this morning, so we were out and about early.  Hubby drove, I'm not a very good navigator on the ice.  I don't mind driving in snow, but ice is a whole other adventure.  


The little one scored two goals.
You should have seen the smile on his face (and mine).  

:-)

We are now home.  
I think a nesting day is in order.  
I'll make a homemade pizza later and we'll cozy up to the fire; me with my crochet and the "boys" with some movie or another.  

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire:  
it is the time for home."
- Edith Sitwell - 

Keep warm and stay safe!

HDP