Sunday, November 18, 2012

Just in Time...


My father-in-law and his wife's Christmas gift is complete!

I'm so thankful that I was able to finished up my Irish Rose afghan this weekend.


I really enjoyed working on this...

Details for the afghan can be found HERE.  

I did modify it in that I only did three of the large repeat sections and doubled the number of repeats within each of those sections.  

This covers the top of a queen size bed...
and is quite heavy...


Which is one of the reasons I wanted to finish it up before my father-in-law and his wife arrived next week.  I didn't want to have to put it in the mail, but instead wanted to be able to send it home with them.

Aran-style afghans are such fun with all the different stitch patterns they use in one blanket...

yet, all those different stitches flow nicely together.


Now to focus on Thanksgiving...

and get all the details in order for Turkey day.


I have a list of upcoming projects...

but they will have to wait until AFTER the holiday.

Until next time, have a blessed day!
Heather

HDP