Friday, November 9, 2012

A Few Fun Things...


I got a "new" book.  

Well, it's not exactly new, but it's new to me.  

It's The Little House Cookbook.  

I've had this on my Amazon "wish list" for quite a while now and finally decided to "bite the bullet" so to speak and purchase it.  It is a used book, but is in very good condition.  I thought it would be fun to look through and maybe dear son and I could make something simple from it to go along with the Little House series we are currently reading.  The book is a snapshot from the time period when Laura Ingalls was growing up.  I'm really enjoying reading the history behind the recipes.

Our days have been quite, but full.  On cooler days, I've had the fire going while the little one works on his worksheets.  One day tends to run into the next without a lot of variation, but they are peaceful days.


I've been using my crock pot a lot lately.  I made spaghetti and meatballs one night, a "rotisserie-style" chicken another night and tortilla soup with the left over chicken tonight.  

Hubby and I thought it would be a good idea, over the course of the next couple of weeks, to be more mindful of our calories.  I still like my sweets though and with that in mind, made this tried and true recipe for Low-Calorie Pumpkin Pie.  

I'll make the real thing for Thanksgiving, but this is a nice prelude to the "main event".  


I'm still plugging away on my Irish Rose afghan and am currently in one of the cable sections.  Still working toward my goal.

A quiet weekend is in store for us and I'm looking forward to it immensely.

Take care!
Heather

HDP