Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Finally!


Have you ever crammed for an exam before?  

That's what the past six weeks have felt like...
cramming for an exam, except it was preparing our house for the real estate market.

I can't begin to tell you all the things we've done.  It's now all a blur and I'd like to keep that stress in the past thank you very much!

A lot of the things we did were trying to add curb appeal to the house...


with fresh mulch and flowers...


We even got a new flag, to brighten the doorway.


The grass needs to be cut again.  Between all the rain and the fertilizer we've used, it's growing like a weed.

We also mulched out back.  I'm a creature of habit and did my usual impatiens out back by the cement table.  


There are a few areas we left naturalized.  We ran out of both mulch and time.

We updated the lighting in our dining room too...


We switched out our traditional brass chandelier and sconces for the "oil-rubbed" bronze look.  Both Lowe's and Home Depot seem to be carrying a lot of this color in different styles, so we figured we couldn't go wrong.  

I leave you with my pretty little wreath I bought for the front door, but ended up using it on the dining room table.  I thought it went well with the carpet in here.



Hope everyone in blog land is doing well.  I can't tell you the relief I feel just getting the house on the market. We just got entered into the system on Monday.  No activity yet.  

Hopefully, thing will start returning to normal around here and I'll be back on line a bit more.  

Happy day!

HDP