Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Quiet Day Planned...

I have a quiet day planned for today...

With an early start on my housework, I'm feeling pretty confident I'll have some time today to play with my new yarn...


My mom sent me a gift card to Michael's a few weeks ago.  With all the bad weather we've had, I haven't ventured out to do much shopping, but did end up going out one day last week.  Red Heart Soft was on sale for $2.49 each so I picked out some pretty colors.  Also, I haven't used Red Heart Super Saver in a long time, so I selected a couple skeins of that as well.  

I'm hoping I can get some ideas I have floating around in my head transferred to hook and yarn, then written out on paper...

Dear son is a little under the weather with a stomach bug or something.  I'm letting him sleep in and no school today.  Trying to keep a 5 year old on the sofa is no small task in itself, but I hope I can encourage him with some board games...


...and puzzles.  One of the small Valentine's treats we gave the little one, was a new box of 96 colorful crayons...nothing like a new box of crayons to light up an imagination.  

Hopefully a quiet day of restful play and he'll be feeling better soon...

Joy in a planned quiet day...and looking forward to some productive creativity...

HDP