Sunday, February 20, 2011

On the Hook...

I have a new project on my hook....


I'm making a shawl from The Crocheted Prayer Shawl Companion.  The one I chose is called Sister's Shawl; it's a very pretty pattern with a soft texture.  


I'm using Red Heart Soft yarn in Toast.  I decided to use a larger hook than called for as I wanted the stitch pattern to be a bit more open and lacy than the picture showed.  I like the warmth of the color I selected and since it's neutral, it will go with anything.

The pattern is working up really quickly and I don't think this will take longer than a few days to a week to complete.  I'll probably do a different border than the one pictured in the book; I'm thinking some sort of shell...

If you like to make shawls, I highly recommend the book.  There are a nice variety of patterns ranging from Easy to Intermediate, with the majority of the patterns falling into the Easy category.  

I'm enjoying a quiet Sunday afternoon doing the things I like to do.  I hope you are as well...

HDP