Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Break, Errands and Preparations

Our little home school is officially on "winter break".  I think dear son and I both need the time away from school work.  We'll rest our minds until the 1st of January and dive back in head first.  :-)

Yesterday, the little guy and I wrapped hubby's gifts and made chocolate chip bar cookies.  You just follow the recipe for the cookies, but you put the dough in a jelly roll pan vs. making individual cookies.  They turned out good and have been placed on my Christmas goodie sideboard I'm preparing for the holidays.  


Today we have some errands to run and I want to get one last gift for the hubby.  Then we are either going to make pecan tassies or raspberry thumbprint cookies with almond glaze.  I love almond flavoring.....

We got about an inch of snow last night.  But, not sure how long it will hang around as I think it is supposed to warm up to the mid 30's today.  I'd like to have a white Christmas, so I'm hoping it all doesn't disappear.

I'm feeling more organized this week and am looking forward to my little families' Christmas celebration.  

I'm so thankful for the reason that we celebrate this joyous holiday...........the birth of Jesus.

  10And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
 11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Luke 2:10-11 (KJV)

HDP