Thursday, December 9, 2010

On My Hook...

NOTE:
Unfortunately, the Branching Leaves Scarf pattern is no longer available and I did not keep a copy of what I printed in which to crochet the scarf.  

If you are looking for a free scarf pattern, you might like to try Crochet Pattern Central or one of the yarn brand web sites.  

Best wishes!


I've been crocheting a lot of scarves lately.  It's a nice change from large afghan work...


I started working on this last night.  It's one I've had saved in my "favorites" for a long time.  It's called Branching Leaves Scarf .  The pattern is done as a chart.  The stitch symbols are easy to pick up and can be learned quickly. 

My scarf doesn't look like much yet and I may decide to go down a hook size.  This is a "G" and I'm thinking it may look better if I use an "F"....we'll see.  I'll play around with it some more.  I'm also using Paton's Classic Wool in Woodrose Heather.  This yarn is really nice; very soft.  I received this yarn as a gift from a nice lady in one of my crochet groups.  I've had it stored away for just the right project, and I think I found it!

Joy in newness and discovering new ways of doing the things I love!

HDP