Saturday, January 7, 2012

Comfort Food on a Saturday in January

Last night was family night in our house and I cooked up some good old fashioned comfort food.

Main course was one of my favorite recipes Baked Ziti.  I've blogged about this before, but it's worth another mention, it's an easy recipe that is super yummy.  It also happens to be meatless if that is something you watch.  I double the recipe so there are always leftovers for the next day.




And, for dessert, I tried a new recipe...

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cake.  




The recipe is from Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook.  It's really good and tastes like hot fudge cake.  The above was my dish, hubby said he needed a bigger bowl.  


:-)


While we enjoyed our indulgence, we watched Balto...




well, the little one watched Balto...  


I crocheted and hubby fell asleep...  


It was a peaceful and relaxing Saturday evening.




HDP