Monday, October 3, 2011

Chili



Yesterday, before we left for church, I threw together THIS chili recipe in the crock pot.  That way, when we got home, I just need to get out the soup bowls and dish it up.  Dear husband said that it tasted like his mothers.  I'll take that as a nice compliment from a man of few words.  :-)


I did make a few substitutions with what I had on hand.  

  • I used 20 oz of lean ground turkey in place of the ground beef 
  • I used 3 14 oz cans of diced tomatoes
  • I only used 8 oz of tomato sauce in place of the larger can
  • And, I used 1 large can of kidney beans (I think it was 28 oz) in place of the dry beans


I left all the spices the same as hers and it really turned out great.  I'm always looking for new recipes and improving on old favorites.  This is a keeper for sure!


Happy Monday!


HDP