Monday, July 11, 2011

Watermelon Challenge


I made up a few squares for Sue's Sunshine International Blankets of Love (aka; SIBOL).  These are for the Watermelon Challenge. I just used watermelon inspired colors with yarn I had on hand and tried to coordinate them somewhat.  
  
These are a mix of different yarns such as RHSS and ILTY.  I thought the variegated looked kinda cool on this one. 


I made two of these...


and the last one to coordinate.


The first is a basic granny and the others I just improvised starting with a "saltine" and going from there.

If you are interested in making a few squares for Sue, her challenges for 2011 can be found HERE

These are all packaged up and ready to go.  I just need to get to the post office.  

Hope you've had a great Monday and a terrific start to your week!

HDP