Friday, September 30, 2011

Wooded Lodge


As promised in the end of my post yesterday, here is a picture of a fun project I started working on the other day.  I'm calling it Wooded Lodge, but it's actually the Ski Lodge pattern from Afghans For All Seasons (Book 2)


It's a really quirky pattern... 
The blanket is done in panels and your starting chain is actually the middle of the panel, so when you complete half of it, you rotate the work and do the other half on the other side.  The designer is Anne Halliday and she really is a genius when it comes to crochet.  She is by far one of my favorite designers.  

When it's done, it will have a fair isle look to it.


I have to tell you, I'm not fully "committed" to this yet.  I want to get a panel complete to see how I'm liking it.  So far, it's been both challenging and fun.  Each row is a little different which creates the woven appearance.  This isn't a project to do while you watch a program on TV!  For that, I have the sweater I'm currently working on.  

I'll keep you posted on my progress and if it is something I'm going to continue.  The full afghan has 10 panels!  AND, almost every row has a color change........so, we'll see.  

As you can tell, I'm still straddling the fence.  

Happy Friday and I hope you have a terrific weekend!

HDP