Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Fisherman Wedding Afghan Tale...


An update anyway, since the story is yet to be complete...

I've actually made pretty good progress on the Fisherman Wedding Afghan although it's hard to tell as it is worked lengthwise...

I just started the middle section of the afghan...


You can just see the first rows of it emerging in the picture above.  The stitch is called "fisherman popcorn", which is basically a single crochet popcorn stitch.  The rows after the diamonds took some time as there are seven different rows of "cables" worked in there, not counting the single crochet return rows...

I have about two weeks left to complete this prior to the wedding.  I've got my fingers crossed that I'm able to meet my deadline.  

***

On a different note, we had a long holiday weekend and my hubby heads back to work tomorrow.  

It is also officially our last day of school.........
I mean...

IT IS OFFICIALLY OUR LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!  

:-)

Dear son and I completed our first year of homeschooling together, I'm proud of us both.  I wasn't sure if I had it in me.

Summer weather has really sprung up and it is starting to look pretty with the Spirea in bloom...


I'll be back with more progress on...

The Fisherman Wedding Afghan Tale...

which is...

To Be Continued...

HDP