Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yummy Fruit


About two weeks ago, I switched from the South Beach diet to the new Weight Watchers plan.  So far, I'm really liking it and feel like I'm starting to get into the "groove".  


South Beach was a very restrictive diet and just wasn't for me for the long term.  It gave me a good kick start though, and I'm still off caffeine, just drinking decaffeinated beverages.  I'd read lots of good things about the new Weight Watchers plan, so I thought I'd give it a try.


One of the things I like best about the new plan, for those of you who are familiar with Weight Watchers, is that fruit is now "free"; that is, you don't have to use your daily points allowance for fruit.  It's been fun getting all sorts of colorful fruit for me and the family to enjoy.  


My weigh ins are on Wednesday evenings.  So far, I've only lost 2.6 pounds on the new plan; don't forget I had that big birthday cake in there since I've joined!  If nothing else, I'm feeling better, not as sluggish and I have more energy.  Now if it would ever stop raining, dear son and I could get outside and get moving too!  


Hope your week is going well.


HDP