Friday, August 3, 2012

Making Progress...


I've made some good progress on my squares in the last couple of days...


If I continue at this rate, I'll make a small lapgan.  

---

A few of you commented on the muted tone afghan in my previous post.  That is a blanket I made for my son about a year and a half ago.  I called it Vintage Horizontal Stripe.  It has worn well, my son keeps it on his bed and uses it almost every day.

Kris at Simplify asked how old my son was.  He is six and will be turning seven next month.  I started reading chapter books to him about a year ago.  I've always read to him, even as a baby, Hungry Caterpillar; Brown Bear, Brown Bear; Good Night Moon; etc.  Even though he can now read for himself, I still read to him.  It's a bit of quality time for us at the end of the day...

---

I went outside this evening to check on my flowers and got eaten alive by mosquitoes.  My shady patch garden isn't really thriving like it has in past years.  Our rainfall hasn't been consistent...


And the moles are excavating their underground mazes like crazy in our yard...


Must be the time of year, we probably need to put something on our lawn to kill the grubs.

That's it for me...

Wishing you a happy Friday and a fun filled weekend!

HDP