Sunday, September 26, 2010

Vegetable Beef Soup...

Crock Pot style!  

I knew today was going to be busy, so last night, before I headed to bed, I laid out all the ingredients to make my vegetable beef soup.  

My internal alarm woke me at 6:00 a.m. this morning, I threw on some sweats and went downstairs to start the day.  

First thing I did was load up the bread maker with the ingredients for french bread.  It takes 6 hours to make, so I wanted to get that going.

Then, onto the soup.  This soup is one I've adapted from a recipe someone gave me a few years ago.  It's really tasty and makes a big batch for freezing or for lunch through the week.  

Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup

1 lb lean ground beef (browned and drained)
46 oz can Vegetable Juice (I used Red Gold)
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
15.25 oz can corn (drained and rinsed; you could use frozen corn)
15.5 oz great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
14 oz package frozen mixed vegetables
6 cups beef broth

4 potatoes (peeled and diced in bite size pieces)
2 Tablespoon dehydrated minced onions (or 1 med. onion diced)
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 bay leaf

+Brown meat
+Put all ingredients in large crock pot (mine was full to the brim)
+Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 - 8 hours



It turns out great every time!  

We came home from church and the house was filled with the aroma of fresh baked bread and yummy soup.


Joy in an organized day!  (And, hoping to have more of those!)


HDP